Skip to main content
- Preheat oven to 375 convection and heat a cast iron skillet or other oven safe pan with a teaspoon or two of oil over medium high heat.
- Trim one slab (about 1½ lb) country style boneless pork ribs of fat cap and any silverskin. Deepen the cuts to a little over half the thickness of the slab.
- Give at a good sprinkle with 7:2:2 seasoning. This is 7 parts kosher salt, 2 parts each pepper and granulated garlic. If you want, just sprinkle with kosher salt and some pepper.
- Place in the pan and sear for 2 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and brush the top generously with BBQ sauce of your choice. Be sure to get into the slices.
- Place in the oven and bake until internal temp of 155 to 160. About 16 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before cutting.