Mango BBQ American Lamb Tacos
- Pat lamb shanks dry with paper towels. Season lamb shanks with salt and pepper. In an 8-quart pot with lid, heat oil over high heat.
- Add lamb shanks two at a time and brown on each side. Repeat process browning all shanks.
- Return all shanks to pan. Pour in chicken broth and cook over high heat, reducing broth by one-half. Stir in barbecue sauce, chutney, cilantro, chili powder, onion and garlic powder.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours until lamb is tender.
- Remove shanks from pan and allow to cool. Reserve sauce in pan.
- Remove meat from shanks discarding fat and tendons. Shred meat.
- Add some of the reserved sauce to moisten meat.
- To Serve: Place meat and all of taco fixings in bowls and invite guests make tacos.