Skip to main content
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, cumin, coriander, garlic and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Cut the steak into 4-inch pieces; slice the steaks across the grain 1/2 inch thick and add to the bowl along with the onion.
- Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1/2 inch of oil until shimmering.
- Add the fries and fry over high heat until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes; drain on paper towels.
- Heat a large griddle until very hot.
- Add the steak and onion along with the pickled jalapeños and stir-fry over high heat until the meat and onion are cooked through and lightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the tomato and cook until softened and beginning to char, about 1 minute.
- Add the fries and cilantro and flip with a spatula to combine.
- Serve right away with hot sauce.