Skip to main content
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add chops and cook for about 4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Flip and cook 4 minutes more, until golden brown.
- Transfer chops to a plate and set aside.
- Pour half of chicken broth into pot, scraping all browned bits from bottom.
- Add remaining chicken broth, vegetable broth, onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Mix well and bring to a simmer.
- Add 1 quart water, thyme, basil, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Mix well and bring to a simmer.
- Add chops back to pot and return to simmer. Reduce heat and simmer for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally, being careful not to break up chops.
- Transfer chops to plate, trying not to break them up. Set aside to cool.
- Raise the heat and bring the soup to a boil. Add pasta and cook for about 12 minutes, until tender.
- When the chops are cool, pull them apart, discarding all the bones and fat.
- Add the meat back to soup and stir well.
- Taste for salt and pepper, and add if needed, before serving.